Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Enamel Cat Pendant

Haven't posted anything for a little while as I have just returned from an overseas holiday. Anyhow, here is a picture of a work in progress - an enamel pendant I made sometime ago, still waiting to be turned into a proper pendant. I cut the shape out of copper sheet, then made the piece with various techniques including cloisonne and overglaze painting enamel. The pendant measures approximately 6.5cm x 4.8cm, and the white patch in the top right hand corner is just a light reflection (difficult to photograph because of its reflective surface). I have collected a few cabochons with matching colours, and will probably wire wrap them together with this. This piece (together with works from a few other members) was included in our lapidary club showcase (Parramatta-Holroyd Lapidary Club in Sydney) in the 2008 Gemkhana competition, and the showcase came first in that category.

I do like cats but unfortunately am allergic to their fur - I would sneeze badly if I touch them. Otherwise I would love to have one, maybe a Siamese or Persian.

No comments:

Post a Comment