Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Mixed Media Lady Brooch named Miriam

I was asked recently by a customer at our fundraiser if I made brooches, and it daunted on me that I very seldom did. Anyhow, thought I would do some, and this is one I just finished yesterday. The main cabochon is again one of my mixed media art deco lady cabs which I painted on a white polymer clay base, added bits and pieces, then covered with resin. I just love making these cabs and have a little collection of them, so there'll probably be more of them coming in different names and forms. (Hope you're not sick of them by now.) The brass leaf was aged with Gilder's pastes. Miriam actually has shimmering golden eyeshadow (I used a little Twinkling H2O water colours) but I couldn't capture that in the photos. Hope you like her.

10 comments:

  1. Fantastic..I love it! :-)
    Ciao
    Susy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello dear Caroline,
    a successful combination, same time romantic and fresh. The used components fit perfectly together, congratulations.
    Happy beading and best greetings:
    Uli

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah, thank you, Uli. Glad you like Miriam. Happy beading and best regards to you too, my friend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you very much for leaving me a comment, Marcie. It means a lot to me coming from an artist I admire so much. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello,Caroline:)
    Of course,we not sick of your beautiful painted cabochons,we LOVE them!!!
    Beautiful broche and great list of awords.CONGRATULATIONS!!!
    I wish you a lot success with you art in the future:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Arkadia, thank you for your lovely comments. I really enjoyed painting these little cabs. There will sure be more to come! Thanks again. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi Caroline,
    Beautiful brooch, can see your different influences, they are such gentle, I see that you have a good tender heart, it feels, and these people are, unfortunately, little in the world, and it is sad, it kills their greed for money, losing your humanity / I know these people .!!!/, I'm glad you're with another, I wish you much health, Happy Easter for you and your loved ones,
    I greet,

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Wanda-Maria, thanks for your support and comment. Wish you and your loved ones a happy Easter too. :)

    ReplyDelete