Saturday, June 26, 2010

My Larimar princess pendant

The first time I heard of Larimar was about 5 years ago when I went to a local lapidary show. I had just joined a lapidary club then, and I saw these beautiful blue cabochons on sale at the show. One senior member of the club went by and gave me a little education session about Larimar. At the time I was a novice and had no idea how to set stones, but I bought a couple anyway because they're just so pretty. Anyhow, a couple of years ago, I wrapped one with sterling silver wire and added a few tiny pearls, silver beads, and Swarovski beads and stones, and kept it for myself. The pendant reminds me of a princess in a fairy tale, with its delicate colours and sparkles. The colours are closer to real life in the second photo, but the wirework shows up better on the darker background of the first photo. I still have a few cabs in my stash but haven't decided what to do with them.

4 comments:

  1. Wow Caroline. That piece is just magnificent. Just when I think you cannot get better, you do. Always. Larimar ... that is so beautiful. I was told about it quite a while ago ... but this is the first time I am seeing it in a piece and boy .. only your talent could do it this much justice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, thanks Hel! Yes Larima is such a beautiful stone isn't it. The colour is divine. Glad you like how I set it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, what a beautiful pendant it is!!! Just found it awesome with an attracting look which gives an amazing beauty. Last week I gifted a beautiful Larimar stone ring for my wife on her b’day from a purchase through drfinejewels, which is a reputed company in Dominican Republic

    ReplyDelete